mari kita mengenal EF9 lebih dalam yuukk :)

post any rides, products, or anything about honda & other rides..
irsya79
GC Enthusiast
GC Enthusiast

mari kita mengenal EF9 lebih dalam yuukk :)

Post by irsya79 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:13 am

hello GC-ers,topik saya kali ini ingin share informasi ttg apa sih ef9 alias nouva JDM itu?apa bedanya sih dgn nouva versi EF1,EF2,EF3?mungkin senior2 GC.com sdh tau persis apa itu EF9...nah,kita bisa share informasi disini/tanya jawab/ mgkin ada yg blum tau dan pengen mengenal lebih dalam ttg EF9..mari kita bertukar ilmu disini,semoga bermanfaat buat semua....cheers :ymhug: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageini manual booknya EF9Imageini salah satu contentnya :)Imageini kyknya dokumen pembelian ef9 waktu di jepang jaman dulu hehehe.Imageini ada 1 lagi buku panduannya..Imageini speedometer spoon nya yg paling rare(240km)aw aw awwwImage
The Civic EF9 VTEC, also dubbed as the Civic SiR and SiRII, was produced only between the years of 89 and 91 and had two model grades the EF9-100(SiR) and the EF9-110(SiRII). It was also exclusive only to Japan - although similar models were made in Malaysia, Hong Kong, all of Europe, well to sum it up, that entire continent.

The standard and option less EF9 SiR weighs 990kg and the SiR II weighs 1010~1070kg depending on options fitted.
The EF9 is the next step up from the EF_ DOHC ZC model of the previous two years. However the EF9 shares very little in common with the EF_.
Basically like the CRX VTEC EF8 sister-car, the EF8 has undergone a totally re-engineered body, improving handling, power, drive ability, a more aesthetically comfortable interior and exterior, as well as sub frame modifications for the newer line of VTEC B-series engine, the B16A. The EF9 is overall a "Teg'd" Civic - receiving an Integra Engine and all the trimmings that the JDM DA6/DA8 Integra's had received. This was possible because in Japan, the Integra had both SOHC ZC and B16A engines.

The Integra having been produced a year earlier with both engines gave Honda insight on how to modify the already tight Civic/CRX sub frame chassis for fitment of a B-series engine.
Japan even produced 200 Limited Edition "Race" configured Civic EF9 VTEC models.
They can be identified with a white coat, red pinstripe running down the side trim, "Limited Edition" print on the side doors, and the lack of Radio, and possibly a couple of other accessories. The EF9 Civic came in a few colors: Silver, Black, Blue with Red Pinstripe in earlier models, White, and Red. Interiors were always the typical Black with either cloth black and red-pinstriped interiors or vinyl seats with the same red pin stripping.

Due to Japanese Law, the japanese were not able to perform engine swaps - the owner had to specify the block number on the engine. It was a $1000-dollar requirement if this was to have been changed. Therefore many Honda's kept the stock engine and had many bolt-on's for them, mostly I/H/E, ECU, VTEC controllers, and chassis bracing - typically strut-tie bars. However these engines were not serially controlled, and therefore it did not inhibit the replacement of a failing engine. This is the reason why these engines have no suffixes like the US B16A3, and why they do not have the serial numbers below the block numbers.
Japanese Law also requires a yearly Inspection and Compulsory Insurance on all vehicle with a yearly Road Tax due in May. The yearly inspections are quite easy, they use sniffers only if it's an obvious failure, they take light hammers to check for arm movements and lose parts, and check for overall vehicle integrity. Road Tax is based upon weight and litre size. The Plates actually will have a larger top number which identified litre size classification - with a set road tax for an under 2-litre vehicle, and increasingly higher for those of the larger litre size.

Japanese typically get rid of their cars after they get around 8 to 10 years of age. Prices drop from 8 thousand to about 3 thousand from 6 years old to 10 years old. The Japanese typically do not sell of old parts, used parts, just new - so these performance parts are left in the vehicle. Vehicles in japanese scrap yards and salvage yards come in complete and lay their like this until either parts are needed or the engine/tranny needs to be pulled for scraping. Notice I said nothing about the performance parts - these will be crushed on the vehicle unless they notice it - like an obvious header. They also sell these used parts off extremely cheap. Reasons why - Japanese don't care much for the old, and will spend the money on the new instead.The Japanese EF9 had a big name in racing, during the nineties this car was one of the best in it's class and competed in races worldwide.
Even the Japanese Honda tuner Mugen had and gave it's own view on the EF9 and delivered the Mugen SPL9 to the world. This racing car had it all, mugen shocks, steering wheel, shift knob, pedals, mugen tuned engine, complete mugen exhaust system, full aero body kit and mugen CF48 rims.

The regular EF9 SiRII driver had the choice for some optional extra's like a electric sunroof (but was not an option for the EF9 SiR) a solid-roof, LSD and even with and without electric folding mirrors. Cruise control was never offered; even as an option. Reserved only for the Integra, Accord and Prelude Models. A rather clever option available to the Civic SiR was a map light. It mounted to the driver's A-pillar. The Sunroof on the EF9 was the same used in all other UK, NL, US and Canadian Models. It was your typical Si sunroof, like the EF3 Civic Si, with dash controls and slider cover. The Sunroof came as an option at the time of purchase - as you could opt out just for the standard solid hood.

The 90-91 model also had fake air ducts, as they are typically termed, but Honda fitted them with Stanley Yellow-Lense Fog Lights as an Option. The EF9 had Variable Power Assisted, pump-driven, Power Steering. This is deemed a necessity in Japan where most times you can not accelerate to help when turning, but rather have to turn the wheels at or near a dead stop to negotiate your way in-and-out of the tightly congested parking lots, roads, and streets. Power Steering was standard on every Civic.

Another comfort that came on all Civics was Air Conditioning. However the EF9 had automatic Climate Control. You simply dialed in the temperature, marked in Celsius, and the Air Conditioning/Heating System maintained the proper temperature.
ALB (ABS) was offered on certain models as an option. This was the first Honda system to be used. Used only on 90-91 models it was a very simple design.

The European version of the EF9 SiR was called the EE9 1.6i-VT and was imported into The Netherlands on a limited base between the years 1990 and 1991, only delivered in the Barcelona green pearl G66P, 40 pieces were ordered through the dealers and sold!
I've started to map all of these 40 EE9's,take a look in the gallery for those cars.
Other parts of europe ordered more EE9's, till this day i don't know the exact numbers, but only based on speculations and the pictures i have collected.

The 1.6i-VT is more or less a stripped down version of the Ef9 SiR, it lacks things like power steering, LSD gearbox, ALB, no plastic roof spoiler with long braking led and A/C.
Things like A/C and power steering were optional on the EE9.
The EE9, also made in Japan and based on the EF9 weighed 1030kg depending on options fitted like A/C and such.
The european version shares allot of exterior and interior features as well as engine specs with its Japanese counterpart but there are many small differences.(civicvtec.org)
Last edited by irsya79 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

irsya79
GC Enthusiast
GC Enthusiast

Re: mari kita mengenal EF9 lebih dalam yuukk :)

Post by irsya79 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:12 am

ini informasi perbedaan EF1,EF2,EF3 dan EF9 :)
Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) *
TYPE CHASSIS CODE ENGINE CODE POWER OUTPUT

Hatchback 23L/U E-EF1 D13B ~81hp
25R/X/XT E-EF2 D15B ~90hp
Si E-EF3 ZC ~128hp
SiR/SiRII E-EF9 B16A ~158hp

Sedan 33U E-EF1 D13B ~81hp
35U E-EF2 D15B ~90hp
35M/X/XT E-EF2 D15B ~99hp
36i Limited E-EF3 ZC ~118hp
Si E-EF3 ZC ~128hp

CRX 1.5X E-EF6 D15B ~104hp
Si E-EF7 ZC ~128hp
SiR E-EF8 B16A ~158hp

BAYU_DAMASTA
GC Whore
GC Whore

Post by BAYU_DAMASTA » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:41 am

nice um irsya, btw tu diruang mesin kaya ada cantolan,fungsinya apa ya um

THE VERY WORSE PARTS OF YOU...... IT'S ME..... (LP lyryc)

E-MAIL : efciviclovers@gmail.com
CP : 088804902500

White GC '90 Napi Cilacap <---- http://www.grandcivic.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2585

adeindra
GC Whore
GC Whore

Post by adeindra » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:05 am

jadi asli EF9 engga retractable folding mirror ya?

Zarno
GC Maniac
GC Maniac

Post by Zarno » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 am

I LOVE my EF...MMuaacchhh...
my email + FB + YM: agunk_speedgoers@yahoo.co.id [Muhammad Agung Budi Setiawan]

my twitter : AgungTheGreat

or call 085742214224

irsya79
GC Enthusiast
GC Enthusiast

Post by irsya79 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:39 pm

BAYU_DAMASTA wrote:nice um irsya, btw tu diruang mesin kaya ada cantolan,fungsinya apa ya um
cantolan yg mana ya om?
@ade:The regular EF9 SiRII driver had the choice for some optional extra's like a electric sunroof (but was not an option for the EF9 SiR) a solid-roof, LSD and even with and without electric folding mirrors.jadi spion siRII yg kita punya ya de ternyata :D

*jarno*
GC Whore
GC Whore

Post by *jarno* » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 pm

electric folding mirror tu setau gw optional parts buat semua trim ya.. jadi di dealer dikasi pilihan mau pake atau ngga..
oldskool japanese warrior

adhy pe
GC Enthusiast
GC Enthusiast

Post by adhy pe » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:53 am

weeee.. yg EF9 wannabe menebar racun neeh..

adeindra
GC Whore
GC Whore

Post by adeindra » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:31 pm

monggo diliat
http://wn.com/EF9_JDM_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zarno
GC Maniac
GC Maniac

Post by Zarno » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:49 pm

owh..klo EF9 ada yg seatbeltnya elektrik ya..?
my email + FB + YM: agunk_speedgoers@yahoo.co.id [Muhammad Agung Budi Setiawan]

my twitter : AgungTheGreat

or call 085742214224